cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davehorne
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

behind the scenes - what's the status on 'Fix'?

I, like many others here, keep having to 'Fix' my computer after an update.

Is there any inside news as to when this annoyance will be resolved. I just now had to 'Fix' my computer. If this happens when my wife is on the computer I doubt if she will notice the changed icon in the system tray.

This is getting old.
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: behind the scenes - what's the status on 'Fix'?

In Sec. Center 9.3 "Fix" fixes it. Although that warning comes up the computer is still protected - VirusScan and Firewall ar still on but certain systemguards needs to be restarted, that's all.

In earlier editions Fix doesn't always work.....everyone should have been updated to 9.3 anyway, but unfortunately people like Comcast, AOL etc. are lagging badly in keeping up, which is beyond McAfee's control.

The next version 10 doesn't use Systemguards in the same manner so wont have the problem. It will probably enter beta testing late this summer.

Most of the action on this is in THIS thread - got to page 44 and read Tony's posts, (User name Peacekeeper).

I can't vouch for this but I believe that Comcast has complained on a corporate level, which may cause wheels to move a lot faster with a fix for the earlier editions.
Personally I'm appalled at how slowly this has been dealt with. We have reminded management constantly since this fiasco began about 1 year ago.
I think they were hoping that it would fade away by itself as people were upgraded.

It has been a difficult problem to pinpoint though as many people did not experience it at all. I, for instance, only started getting it around 10 days ago and I have SC 9.3.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community