Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
homerbedlow
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Windows Security No virus Scanner Detected

Greetings Folks,

I'm running McAfee Security Center on XP SP3.

Ocassionaly, I get message and icon fron Windows Security telling me there is no antivirus scanner detected. When I check McAfee modules they are all on and running. If I rightClick McAfee icon and click "Check For Updates", the "no scanner" message and Windows Security icon goes away.

Is there a way to clear this "false alert"?

Many Thanks

4 Replies
srajagopalan
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: Windows Security No virus Scanner Detected

Could you please check status of virus protection in the Security center?

Goto control panel>SecurityCenter> under virus protection , Click on recommendations and make sure that "I have an antivirus program that i'll monitor myself'.

is checked.

security_center.gif         889739-04.gif

Thanks & Regards,

Raja Gopalan S

homerbedlow
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

In security center it is red and says virus scanner is off or not detected, I forgot which it says. But it says there is no virus scanner and background is red.

As stated above, after checking for updates, the Windows alert is cleared. This happened on two different boxes running XP Pro SP3.

Message was edited by: homerbedlow on 11/3/10 7:42:06 PM CDT
Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Its actually a bug in Windows security center - Repository that causes, it not to recognize any of the antivirus installed in the machine. As far as you have McAfee installed and enabled, you ccan ignore the warnings from windows security center.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

homerbedlow
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Just in case you didn't see how I cleared it, I did a manual  "Update" on McAfee and the message cleared.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community