Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdl1
Former Member
Message 1 of 17

Windows 7 Event Log Warnings and Errors from McAfee Total Protection

I am receiving the following warnings and errors in the event log:

Error: Session "McAfee.{E4367DA7-2B80-47f3-86D2-7626A18FC6F4}" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Warning: The maximum file size for session "McAfee.{E4367DA7-2B80-47f3-86D2-7626A18FC6F4}" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MCLOGS\ETW\mclogs.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 16777216 bytes.

I went through a technical support session yesterday for almost 2 hours. After a complete uninstall, registry edits, and re-install I am still getting the same errors. I installed Total Protection on 12/4/14 and have been getting these errors since then. Prior to installing this I had Internet Security and did not have these errors. I did do a complete uninstall, used the mcpr tool, and rebooted before I  installed the Total Protection.

Prior to my technical support session yesterday I looked through the forum and found that I'm not the only one receiving these warnings and errors. Since the posts I was looking at were from a couple of months ago I assumed that there would be a fix by now. Apparently, the fix is always sent through PM after posting in this forum, and I am requesting help with this. It seems a little odd to me that this is the only way to resolve this issue.

The last error seems to coincide with a crash I had in the management console, so I'm a little concerned. I am receiving this error at least once a day now.

Thank you for your time!

16 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 17

Re: Windows 7 Event Log Warnings and Errors from McAfee Total Protection

Moved this to SecurityCenter as a better spot for it.

One of our resident technicians has been dealing with this.   I will email him to take a look here.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)

How To Uninstall/Reinstall McAfee Consumer Products EXCEPT Anti-Theft
How To Submit A False Detection To McAfee
Beta Test McAfee Products For PC & MAC
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

tdl1
Former Member
Message 3 of 17

Thank you. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 17

No big deal, lots do and we move them so they get better attention, that's all. 😉

tdl1
Former Member
Message 5 of 17

It has been a week and I have not received any response other than the one to move the discussion to the Security Center area.

I've read other posts where these errors are causing explorer problems also so I would like to get this fixed.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 17

I'll alert our resident support person.

tdl1
Former Member
Message 7 of 17

OK, Thank You!

tdl1
Former Member
Message 8 of 17

Ex_Brit,

I appreciate your response. This is frustrating that technical support does not seem to know how to resolve this. I have to ask, is waiting on a personal message from someone the only way to resolve the issue?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 17

No you can contact support again and ask for escalation.

tdl1
Former Member
Message 10 of 17

I have contacted technical support twice for this issue. So far a complete uninstall, registry edits, and reinstall were done on the first call. On the second call the tech turned off a service or something of the sort that they said was causing the issue, and this too did not fix the issue. Both of these were tier 2 calls, so it seems that they do not know how to resolve this issue. After having spent at least 2 hours with them so far, I'm not sure that I'm willing to go through another call. I am also left wondering if my installation of McAfee is running correctly now that part of it has been disabled by the previous call.

I have to be honest that this issue of having to wait for one particular person to notice and hopefully reply to my post here in the forum is very frustrating. I have read other posts here on the same issue and it seems that the only way it gets resolved is to receive a private message from Selvan.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community