cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poxin
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Why is McAfee blocking images in my email? I have email scanning disabled already

Hi,

Why is McAfee blocking images in my email?

I have inbound email scanning disabled already.

I also checked that there weren't any parental controls or ad blocinking turned on.

How can I stop McAfee from messing with my email?

8 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

Re: Why is McAfee blocking images in my email? I have email scanning disabled already

Hello poxin,

Could you please let us know the following information;

What is the email client that you use ? (outlook/thunderbird)
What is the version of Antispam ?

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

poxin
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Re: Why is McAfee blocking images in my email? I have email scanning disabled already

Hi,

1. I am using thunderbird

2. I am using Mcafee Security Special Edition From Aol. I can't find anything that says Antispam

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

To find the versions of the software Dinz is referring to click on the red M shield in your taskbar. When the software opens up click on Navigation and after Navigation Center opens up look for About right under McAfee Resources. This will give you the version information regarding firewall, antispan, etc.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

...or if it's the older 2009 software, click "About" in the lower right-hand corner.  That will list the software and versions.

poxin
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Hi,

okay, thanks. I still don't see anything that says anti-spam.

This is everything listed:

SecurityCenter

Version 9.15

VirusScan

Version 13.15

Persoanal Firewall

Version 10.15

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

Moved to SecurityCenter 9 - 2009.

There is an article here about missing images in Thunderbird.  See if it helps:  http://community.contractwebdevelopment.com/images-missing-thunderbird

poxin
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Hi,

thank you. I just checked that all my settings are the same as suggested on that page and they are. Also, I know it's Mcafee because if I shut down everything Mcafee it works right

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

That's weird.  You are sure that list you gave of installed applications is complete?   The only thing I can think of that would remove images other than VirusScan, and that would only happen if the images were hiding an infection or using obscure coding, is Parental Controls, previously known as Privacy Service.

Have you tried Technical Support Chat linked under Useful Links above?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community