cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natadon
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Why have you not fixed this issue of the firewall for 3 months. it just hit me and I am uninstalling this product permanently

I have been having the same problem with McAfee that seems to have been going on since January.  My firewall wont come on and stay on. I did all of the things it states in the discussions, EXCEPT uninstall McAfee.  I was not sure if it came pre-installed on my compuer and tried to find it by logging in on McAfee, cannot find the tab that they said to look for to protect it.  I am just frustrated and really ticked off.  I always use Norton, went with McAfee, my sn has Norton and has none of these problems. I want to know why if this is a common problem for the last three months, why you have not fixed it.  This is ridiculous and a waste of my time.  I am uninstalling your product and I doubt if I will reinstall it, since you have not been able to fix this issue for this long.  I am so disappointed with McAfee's virus protection inability.

Message was edited by: natadon on 4/5/13 10:05:33 PM CDT
2 Replies
natadon
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why have you not fixed this issue of the firewall for 3 months. it just hit me and I am uninstalling this product permanently

Lovely, so I uninstall McAfee, and try to install my Windows Firewall, and it tells me it cannot do that because I have McAfee installed.  Thank you McAfee for completely screwing up my computer.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why have you not fixed this issue of the firewall for 3 months. it just hit me and I am uninstalling this product permanently

Uninstall via

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

the Mcpr rewmoval tool will help.

Firewall issue is fixable ddi you call support? If you type services.msc in the run command line 

Try turning on the Windows Firewall, if you are unable to turn on follow the below steps

Open RUN window

Type services.msc and click on OK

Search for the below services and check it is present

Base Filtering Engine service

Windows Firewall service

If the above services are present, it should be in started and automatic

If you are unable to start or you do not see the above services a call to support and request to escalate the call to a higher tier tech will fix the issue.

Oh running MCPR after the windows removal cleans up teh Mcafee install and a reinstall does or rather should now fix the firewall issue. If not the data above will get things rolling if you want to try again.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 6/04/13 7:07:18 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community