Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim_hendriksen
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

White screen

hi,

I bought and downloaded McAfee internet security via slim.nl but i have an problem.

When i start up the internet security program it gives me a white sreen.

I downloaded McAfee virtual technician but it says that er is no content from McAfee on my computer.

Does anyone knows the problem or has an answer?

Thanks!

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Re: White screen

I assume you are using IE9? If you down grade back to IE8 it should work but this not what one feels the best way to work around this issue. What some users have found is that their system fonts are not standard this throws Mcafee out.

read  https://community.mcafee.com/message/226523#226523

Also maybe try

Check the version of IE , if they are completely blank then proceed to below

1. Open command prompt :
  2. type: regsvr32 jscript.dll and press enter
  3. Regsvr32 vbscript.dll and press enter

And then reinstall Mcafee

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

on 03/11/12 9:22:30 EDT AM
zippy19601207
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

We had this problem on a new laptop running W7 SP1.

The fix was found by Mcafee tech support with remote access. It invloved updating IE9 and updating JAVA. Then deleting Mcafee with the dowloadable uninstaller (as the white screen problem stops you unistalling through the controll panel) ad then reinstalling.

I strongly suggest to those who have this problem to go via the phone tech support and to ignore the various fixes suggested online such as deleting and reinstalling fonts, fiddling with bios and deleting IE9.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 5

Agreed though a reasonable number of users seem to have changed the default system fonts and that can cause this as well. Something to also consider but support first point of call

Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Hi Tim,

As I had mentioned on my earlier threads here, Security center interface is dependent on Internet explorer & many of the display issues that are seen with the GUI would be rectified if we just tweak your IE settings.

As the first step, try to run a windows update on your PC
Then, run the scripts as mentioned on the earlier posts (above)
If its still the same , depending on your operating system, try to degrade your Internet explorer - that should resolve the issue.

If all fails - please follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall McAfee that should do it.

Thanks,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community