cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eleroy44
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Where's the Info?

I guess McAfee is doing what it's supposed to be doing, but it's not especially helpful in providing information. In its last scan (3/25/11), for example, it found 11 Trojans and 4 Potentially Unwanted Programs. This is about average for my weekly scan. Nowhere can I find information about what these are or what was done with them. Sometimes in Navigation > Quarantined and Trusted Items I can find a little info about the PUPs, but not always. In this latest scan there's nothing there at all. I've never been able to find out anything about the Trojans or what McAfee did with them, if anything. This is unsettling for me. If I'm missing something here, I'd like to know about it. Thanks.

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Where's the Info?

In Navigation, look for History and Logs - you'll find the records in  those various sections.

eleroy44
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for alerting me to History and Logs. I hadn't explored that. Curiously, all the drawers there are empty as well. Nothing about Trojans; nothing about Unwanted Programs. Maybe on the Scan Report I'm being shown everything that has ever been found, not necessarily things that were found on that particular scan. Still, it's confusing to a layman.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

They may take a while to load.   As I hardly ever do a scan myself I have nothing here to compare I'm afraid.  All I have in there are a few measly tracking cookies from way back when.

Technical Support Chat might be of more help here - see Useful Links at the top of this page.

newjack
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Yes,that is true.The security report will list everything from all scans.When you do A manual scan there will be a separete report shown to you when finished.When you click done it will finish.If there are any cookies,virus,or trojans found during scan.They would be tabulated to the security report.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community