cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duxar
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Where is the new Version with new GUI?

I stumpled across this https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/mcafee-2017-15-1.388941/page-2  back in December. Now, over one month later, i still have that old ugly and heavy Total Security Software (15.3) on my Computer. Tried to download it manual, but all i get is a shiny new installer and the same old (and ugly) Total Security installed. WHEN will we get the new Version? Why is McAfee always so slow?

6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 7

Re: Where is the new Version with new GUI?

Do not worry even we mods have not seen it yet, They/McAfee were rolling it out but stopped due to an installer issue and rolled it back to 14.0.r11 or 12. This included the new GUI. It will come soon i feel.

I have 15.1 but a beta install as I am a beta admin/member but is is on the old GUI..

!5.1 is as the FAQ of the wilders security site you linked to showed a lighter faster scanner but many manual options removed. Some options ie scheduled scan may return in Qtr2 or so.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 7

Colleague Peacekeeper is quite correct, it was randomly slowly throttled out end of December but is now being enhanced. It is indeed due to hopefully be available soon. However, the (GUI) and description you seen in the ' Wilder.s Security ' thread.

Is referring to the (McAfee Cloud AV product) not the 15.1.R0/15.1.156 Version/Build. It is entirely different than the Full Featured Suites. Please see here; new LAM ( Lightweight anyimalware) install FAQs

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
duxar
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

There is one user (gery) showing a Screenshot from Total Protection. So i guess we have to wait another year until they get it working.

I was just curious why i get the shiny new installer, but the old product installed... and another day, i got the old installer and of course, the old version installed. Oh well, McAfee is not what it used to be. Might be time to change, after 12 years of using it...

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Trust me..I feel that it will be out in short order. Definitely no where near being a (Year). We discuss this regularly on our weekly Conference Calls. People have to realize that when software has a change in it, it has to have a proof of concept. then has to be tested (In-House) before it is released (Globally) for the Customer base, to ensure quality.

It has been mentioned that it may be available as soon as the end of February.

As I am running the (New) Version/Build 15.1.R0, and not experiencing any issues. I feel comfortable with that (ETA) mentioned.

Until then you are properly protected.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
duxar
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Antivirus Software and Internet Security For Your PC or Mac | McAfee

Okay? There is the new Interface mentioned.....

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 7

Yep still not back in release though we mods still do not have it and we usually first in line

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community