cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 11 of 14

Re: Where do I find the NAME of a trojan shown in a scheduled scan report?

IF malwarebytes recorded it it should be here.Or maybe in Quarantine?

malwarebytes scan log.JPG

Message was edited by: newjack on 6/15/11 6:13:59 PM EDT
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 12 of 14

For Tom K3TG & Newjack:

The MBAM protection logs only list a lot of blocked IP addresses (Outgoing) between 12:01 a.m. - 6 a.m. today (June 15th).  The Quarantine log has nothing in it.   [I'd submitted a support request to MBAM because I thought it was odd that all the blocked IP addresses were being listed as OUTGOING]. 

But, since I'm not running any P2P programs, and all the IP addresses shown in the MBAM protection log are the exact same ones which McAfee's Inbound Events Log has been recording almost daily for the past 3 years, the support person said it was likely just an issue between the McAfee & MBAM.  ALL the IP's are located in China, by the wayI'd run full scans with both McAfee, MBAM & also ran the MS Security Analyzer Program - no problems were found.

For Tony:

I checked the Scan Info and Threats Detected areas.  The last entry in the Threats Detected area was on June 14th around 11:30 a.m. (a cookie that was removed).  The Scan Info area only records the scheduled scan that was done between 3 a.m. - 6 a.m. today (June 15th).  There's no mention of a trojan in the log.  The only place where the trojan is recorded is in the Security Report log.

Thanks very much for each of your respective responses to my inquiry!

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/15/11 8:23:33 PM EDT
Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 14

My threats detected has many pages and goes back 2 months of detections. Do you have a next at the bottom of the page? Is thsi a new install maybe detection list from an old install?

spc3rd
Former Member
Message 14 of 14

The Threats Detected log does go back 2 months Tony.  There has been no change in the log since my last posting about it.  The most recent entry in it was on June 14th around 11 a.m. for a cookie that was removed.  I have added a number of China-based websites to the Blocked list as well.  MBAM Pro is also running on my computer with exclusions for a number of McAfee folders/files added in the Ignore List, as well as, 3 MBAM files which I added to the Program Permissions in McAfee's Firewall settings. 

The McAfee software I presently have is provided free by my ISP & has been on this computer for the past year.  Info is as follows (as shown on June 14th😞

Security Center

version:  10.5   build:  10.5.239   affld:  636

VirusScan

version:  14.5   build:  14.5.130   DAT:  6375

Firewall:

version:  11.5  build:  11.5.141

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/16/11 8:20:45 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/16/11 8:23:19 AM EDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community