cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 1 of 23

Was the Recent Update to Security Center 11.0 build 11.0.678 Flawed?

The dat for 6/6/12 (dat 6734) was not able to install and I had to click on dismiss.

I ran the MVT and it could fix some, but not all the problems. The one not fixed was Problem: Missing/Corrupt COM components (1),  Security Center 11.0.678.   My MVT session 39351440

The Security Center 11.0 updated itself on 6/5/12 to build 11.0.678  and I had to restart the computer.

I'm running Windows XP home edition Service Pack 3  on a Dell Inspiron 530.  McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2012 for 1 PC

Has anyone else reported a similar problem?

I know nothing about computers, so am feeling very upset right now, as I know I will not personally be able to do anything to fix this problem.

22 Replies
ms421
Former Member
Message 2 of 23

Re: Was the Recent Update to Security Center 11.0 build 11.0.678 Flawed?

I had the same problem . . . tried to update 5 times with the same message you received . . . about an hour ago, I tried again and the update was installed . . . my guess is that the McAfee servers were down . . . try again and see what happens.

hopeless1
Former Member
Message 3 of 23

I did as you suggested and the dat worked this time. Thank you.

However the MVT is still finding the same error that it cannot fix. Problem: Missing/Corrupt COM components (1)

Message was edited by: hopeless1 on 6/6/12 7:38:01 PM GMT-05:00
Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 23

With MVT error messages can occur  I will pss this up the line for comment though. I just installed mcafee an a clen PC and dat and SC installed fine though that was not via update.

hopeless1
Former Member
Message 5 of 23

Thank you for passing the MVT error on.

citrus
Contributor III
Message 6 of 23

I am also showing the missing/corrupt com component from MVT. Shortly after I started my computer today I received a message indicating I had to restart to complete a software upgrade. After the restart everything seemed fine, but being distrustful of upgrades I ran MVT and got the com component problem. I did run a manual update of the DAT file, but it said my files were up to date, so I don't know if there is any DAT updating problem.  Things seem to be running ok, so I am hoping this is another of the occasional MVT problems that crop up, and not a problem with the actual security software. I too am running XP SP3 with all updates applied on a Dell Dimension 9100. LETS HOPE THIS GETS PASSED ON TO THE TECHNICAL PEOPLE!

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 23

Are you still getteing this MVT issue if so support would like you to run a mer log. If you interested say so and I will show you how and where to send the output.

hopeless1
Former Member
Message 8 of 23

Before we do the mer thing please look at this from the MVT  log (I tried to paste it here but I couldn't)

so typing from my print out (my typing below should be in RED but I couldn't see here how to do that)

Expected COM Component File Path not Present

Component Name: PSFactoryBuffer {16D2A02D-7200-4AD7-97FA-BEEE9D3AF9FC}

c:\program files\mcafee\msc\mcsubmgr\11,0,678,0\mcsubmgr.dll

markiebeau
Contributor III
Message 9 of 23

Yep. My exact same thing after my McAfee Security Suite updated.

I put up a discussion on this but got no response. Evidently this was happening back in January only giving multiple errors...like 20 or more. I just have 2.

Message was edited by: markiebeau on 6/7/12 6:25:43 PM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 23

MVT sometimes does not keep up with the patches but that is my feeling not gospil.

Will forward that but feel a merlog needed It will help and very safe to run. i just did 1 to test it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community