Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdwesley01
Contributor
Message 1 of 1

WMI Provider Host pegging CPU because of Service Center Errors

Hi,

I have a WMI Provider Host process using 30-60% of my CPU.  When I look in the WMI-Activity Operations logs through the Windows Event Viewer, I see several of the following errors.

Id = {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}; ClientMachine = 67VETTE; User = NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; ClientProcessId = 7668; Component = Unknown; Operation = Start IWbemServices::DeleteInstance - root\SecurityCenter : FirewallProduct.instanceGuid="{94894B63-8C7F-4050-BDA4-813CA00DA3E8}"; ResultCode = 0x80041002; PossibleCause = Unknown

I have removed McAfee and the the WMI process dropped to 17-18% range   (still not good but....)

When I reinstalled McAfee, it jumped right back up.  I ran MVT and it did not seem to resolve any issue.

I need to understand if these errors are causing the problem or if there is something else in McAfee that is pegging my CPU.

Here are my stats:

Security Center v 15.4 Build 15.4.4031   

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version    10.0.15063 Build 15063

System Manufacturer    Gateway

System Model    FX530XV

System Type    x64-based PC

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6600  @ 2.40GHz, 2394 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory    8.00 GB

Available Physical Memory    5.53 GB

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community