Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 51 of 65

Re: WFP Errors

Well that's news to me and have never experienced Internet Explorer typed URL's vanishing in that manner.

You are operating MCE and there's nothing in the Firewall for Windows Media Center?  I find that strange too. 

Something is not right here and I seriously think you should tackle Technical Support again and escalate it immediately.

nigelbtn
Former Member
Message 52 of 65

Is it possible to get answers to the following?

Have you looked at old message 202485 on the community dated Aug 15 2011 it is very similar and was resolved by McAfee.

I am running Windows XP MCE SP3.  Can we be sure McAfee Security Center V11 supports XP MCE and not just XP as last time tech support told me XP MCE was not supported by V11.

Thanks.

nigelbtn
Former Member
Message 53 of 65

Any new on my post above? Thanks.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 54 of 65

Have you contacted Technical Support?

karthiks
Former Member
Message 55 of 65

nigelbtn,

v11 does not exist now, So Microsoft Windows XP MCE supports McAfee Security Center v11.6 & v12.1

nigelbtn
Former Member
Message 56 of 65

Thanks. I have V11.6 of Security Center. How do you get V12.1? Is V12.1 Ga or beta?

No  one has commented or answered the following:

Have you looked at old message 202485 on the community dated Aug 15 2011 it is very similar to my problem and was resolved by McAfee.

I have not contacted tech support recently. It was such a time consuming struggle that got nowhere last time that I haven't summoned the energy. Sorry. Nigel.

nigelbtn
Former Member
Message 57 of 65

Anything on my above post?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 58 of 65

You'll automatically get 12.1 when it gets to the servers in your area.   Exceptions do exist however, those who obtain McAfee via 3rd parties such as ISP's or PC makers may see delays, assuming that 3rd party passes it along, and anyone using a low resolution monitor wont get the update anyway as it requires a minimum 1024X768 resolution, as it is tailored for Windows 8 touch screens.

nigelbtn
Former Member
Message 59 of 65

Thanks.

No one has commented or answered the following:

Have you looked at old message 202485 on the community dated Aug 15 2011 it is very similar to my problem (WFP errors) and was resolved by McAfee. I would really like the WFP error resolved. Thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 60 of 65

Without a link I'd take ages to find that but as I'm not a WFP expert it probably would be easier and faster for you to contact Technical Support directly.  You can now phone them for free and it's linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community