Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ROGGA1
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Vitual technician says nothing there

Hello experts -
I have Mcafee SC 9, VS 13.0,PFW 10.0,SA 2.8, ENw 3.0, all latest builds of last week, via the provider. Problem I have is that when starting up, McAfee seems to be searching the entire web for updates. Takes 7 minutes every time, completely laming the system.
After that, is says all has been updated.
I went to the support site and ran Virtual technician several times, also after completely reinstalling. It finds NOTHING - says I have no McAfee products on my machine and would I please buy some.
I have to run my Virtual friend before any support is given, so I'm stuck. My provider (XSall in NL) says the versions are licenced.

What....could be wrong with the Virtual plumber and what could be wrong with McAfee downloading every time?
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: Vitual technician says nothing there

Sometimes the Virtual Technician will not find any qualified products when a) you are behind a router and/or b) they are provided by your ISP who has probably modified them in some way.

You can reach Technical Support Chat without using the Virtual Technician by clicking the link in my signature.

It may be the best thing to do in this case as they can escalate the process much better than we can here.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community