cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikkie30
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Vista "blue screen" issue on start-up

I've just recently purchased McAfee total protection 2009 which as far as i know installed correctly onto the two PC's that we have. However we have had a few issues since installation.

On my laptop which runs Vista i get a "blue screen" after the log-in stage and then the laptop restarts itself. This happens about 5 times before the computer will stay on. When windows checks for solutions online it says that there may be a problem with the newly installed anti-virus and firewall. I'm not sure what to do about this problem. Is there anything that you could recommend?

On the PC we have that runs on XP the computer seems to be running extremely slowly after the installation of McAfee. Is there anything we could do to make it run like it used to?
1 Reply
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: Vista "blue screen" issue on start-up

Hi,
Please clarify,
How do you connect to the Internet (DSL, Dialup, cable)?
Did you experience any spyware alert or advertisement in the computer?
What is the memory size of the computer (RAM)? (Start-Right click on my computer Icon-properties)?

Steps:
Try to boot the Vista computer in the Safe mode with networking.(Restart the computer - tap the F8 Key in the key board – select the Safe mode or last known good configuration from the Advance boot-up option)
Try to perform the clean boot in the XP machine. (Start-Run-Msconfig-startup tab-disable all)
Perform the McAfee Virtual Technician in both computer and post the session ID http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/default.asp
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community