cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teacup38
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

VirusScan Plus Blocks Internet Functionality

I have the exact same problem noted above and am not able to get "chat" help, along with other sites not allowing access. I have VirusScan Plus (with Siteadvisor), with the following versions:
SecurityCenter 9.0
VirusScan 13.0
Personal Firewall 10.0
Site Advisor 2.8

I am running IE 7.0 on a Vista Home Premium 32-bit system.

I have tried many of the suggestions I've found on this site without success. I've uninstalled Spybot but that didn't help either. I don't have any other Spyware or Adware.

Your suggestion above, regarding changes under "Web Browsing Protection" doesn't apply to me, because I do not have this option in my "Internet and Network" section. I only have "Firewall Protection is Enabled"

Anything else I could try? My subscription is up next month and I am not sure if I want to re-subscribe.

Thanks!

Moved from a very old thread to your own new thread for better attention - MOD
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: VirusScan Plus Blocks Internet Functionality

Make sure that your browser is set to default & Content Advisor is turned off under Tools/Internet Options/Content.

In Internet Explorer 7 go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click the Reset button. OK and exit, close and reopen IE7.
You will have to-enable all the browser add-ons.

Scan you machine for malware using the free version of this tool: http://www.superantispyware.com/supe...freevspro.html
teacup38
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

I only needed to turn off Content Advisor and everything seems to be working!

Great job, and thanks very much.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

That was easy! Glad you are OK now.:)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community