cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angus426
Former Member
Message 11 of 88

RE: It's back again.....

. Even if that works, it does not solve or even workaround the issue. Less irritating but not fixed happy
melanie1
Contributor
Message 12 of 88

I did everything recommended and still have the problem. I also have XP. I guess I'll try to do manual updates. I hate that this isn't being fixed! All they ever tell me is reinstall....
adelaide
Former Member
Message 13 of 88

I used to have the problem that you describem but - lukcy me - I've now got the upgraded version of the bug (see my BOGOF thread) - Red warning message, click on Fix and "one of your problems needs a response from you". So unfixable. While I can live with this, it means that I am likely to ignore the indicator on the icon that there is a problem, and quite possibly not relaise that I have a real problem as well.

The good news is that it doesnt seem to stop me downloading updates or actually using the program.

The bad news is that Tech Support chat offer nothing except their equivalent of "have you tried switching it off and on again" - that is, uninstalling and reinstalling. (Exactly the same as for the "systemguards disabled" message - and everything else for all that I know.)

If I use the uninstall tool, it will be in order to install something else.

I really have no idea how this gets escalated, unless a lot of us vote with our feet.

Adelaide
AustinKirby
Former Member
Message 14 of 88

Must verify subscription repeatedly

I'm having the same repeated "verify your subscription" problem. It's happening on 2 out of 3 computers I have. It probably does have to do with the software being installed where a previous version existed--but that's no excuse--the installation program should handle that. In researching this, I found that this is an error that has been occurring in McAfee anti-virus software since (at least) August 2006. That's 3 years ago! Is ANYTHING being done to fix this issue? Is is time to move on to another anti-virus product?
ozpvic
Former Member
Message 15 of 88

same problem

I have the same problem and they haven't answered me or fixed it yet
Farmcats
Former Member
Message 16 of 88

Me Too!

I am also sick of verifying subscription every time it auto-updates. I have been cruising the forums, find several other references to this, however, no permanent solution. In this century, people don't have the time to "babysit" their software. Please, McAfee, look into this. It never happened before, until around the start of summer. I have now verified well over 100 times, and it's getting real old, real fast!

Patrick Leigh
adelaide
Former Member
Message 17 of 88

Adios McAfee

I'm giving it up a bad thing. My IT guys at work say Windows Firewall plus AVG free anti-virus have been fine for them (at home). The next PC I buy, when Windows 7 has been around a bit, will most definitely not have McAfee on it. They either couldn't give a stuff about it or have no idea how to fix it.

The really stupid thing securitywise is that of there was something really wrong I would probably ignore the McAfee icon telling me about it, on the "cry wolf" principle. That is not security!
Machisen
Contributor
Message 18 of 88

verify your subscription

I'm having the same problem. I get a message that my computer is not protected--I click on Fix It, then I get a prompt to verify my subscription (even though my security center shows I'm good into 2010), I click verify, which it does, but nothing changes. This seems to be a rampant problem, which McAfee doesn't seem too concerned about. I'm done with this mess and am going with a free virus protection service instead.
mededitor
Contributor
Message 19 of 88

RE: verify your subscription

Problem fixed!!!!

McAfee totally removed from my system and Norton Internet Security 2010 dowloaded. Computer is now protected without interruption, automatic update settings are on, and there are no error messages.

What a concept! McAfee should take notes. :rolleyes:
Peacekeeper
Message 20 of 88

RE: verify your subscription

This I feel Is tied in with an issue I see users having in another thread. There they get a not protected message and parts of the package are disabled. I see some here also have it occurring and some the verify issue.

Be assured this is not a common issue None of the mods have reported it nor are there a high occurrence of support calls from what I gather so something is triggering this that is common to all users Pcs.

I have reflagged this to our admin and reflagged this for our Monday phone call.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community