Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunilraom
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Urgent

Dear All

I am having windows XP SP2 o/s on that i trying to install McAfee antivirus software

it is about the install i had removed cd in the middle, after that my windows os system is opening but all the functions like MY computer and other

functions gets freezed. i was McAfee is enabled.

please provide your solutions to remove Macfee and do the normal operations.

expedite your reply on this issue.

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Urgent

Boot into Safe Mode by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up and then go to System Restore and restore your machine to before this happened.

System Restore is accessible under Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools

If that doesn't work try the same boot precedure but select "Last known good configuration" from the menu presented after tapping F8.

Then update your machine to SP3 and there is help with that here:  http://community.mcafee.com/message/6631#6631

Always keep your machine totally up to date and make sure you have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed, whether or not you use it.  That is IE8.

sunilraom
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Dear Ex_Brit Sir,

Thanks for Your kind reply, i could able to fix the issue.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

That's great.  Good luck!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community