cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pawnraider
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Upgrading to Windows 7.

I plan to install Windows 7 on my computer which currently runs Vista. Will McAfee transfer to Windows 7 and what do I have to do if anything?
5 Replies
arek_gruszcz
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upgrading to Windows 7.

I have the same question

Message was edited by: arek_gruszcz on 11/6/09 3:54 AM
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 3 of 6

If you decide to upgrade from Vista to W7 then it's always better to uninstall any security related software first. Also McAfee's software. I really would use the McAfee uninstall program after uninstalling it through Windows "Control Panel", check here: How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products ...

You can always download and re-install the McAfee software on your new operating system.

arek_gruszcz
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

According to this post:

http://community.mcafee.com/message/22221#22221

Windows7 is working only with VS8.7p1 or higher.

Is it really true?

VS8.5 is not supported?

I can't check it right now because i don't have license for win7 but I'm very curious is it true.

Best regards for all Comunity people

p.s. And of course is it matter if I'm using VSEnterprise not VSPlus?

Jubo
Contributor III
Message 5 of 6

Yes, it does make a HuGe difference if you're using VSE8.x or the home-user product. These forums are for the retail products. If you have any

questions about the Enterprise product then you better post your issue in this forum: Welcome to the Business General Community! Where you have a better chance to get the answer to your question.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6

Hey Arec,

ya its true that 8.5i wont be supported with Windows 7. You need to have VSE 8.7i P2. As Jubo said of you have more queries on Enterprise oriduct then raise it at the below forum:

Welcome to the Business General Community! .

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community