cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KJIsaacson
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Upgrading Total Protection

I had purchased (via download) 3-User Total Protection a while back, and have the suite installed on one of my computers. It includes Security Center 9.15, Virus Scan 13.15, Personal Firewall 10.15, etc., etc.

I just got a new notebook, and when I logged onto my McAfee account to download the suite for that computer, the new version of Total Protection was downloaded, including Security Center 10.0, Virus Scan 14.0, Firewall 11.0, etc., etc.

How do I upgrade the original that's on my first computer? Do I just re-download? Or what?

Thanks.

Ken

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrading Total Protection

Hi,

The one that you have installed on the new notebook is the latest version of the security center. And the fresh installs would only be installed with the new interface .

Cheers,
Dinesh K

on 2/19/10 3:51:59 PM GMT-06:00
KJIsaacson
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

So nothing short of a complete uninstall, cleanout, and reinstall, huh? Can't install on top of current config? Bummer.

But thanks.

Ken

mikemcgowan
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I just did a complete un-install and re-install and still have Security Center 9.15.    What does "clean-out" mean before the re-install?

Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Hi mike,

Could you please let us know how you  reinstalled McAfee programs  ? through a cd setup or from online account ?

Also let us know whether your McAfee products are provided through your ISP ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community