Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmh_dell
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Updates Shut Off Protection, redux

Just curious:
Might it be that Mcafee is not aware that when updates occur
that functions get turned off in McAfee Total Protection and not restarted?
No offense intended but having McAfee services mysteriously shut down does not inspire confidence.
I do not know which update causes this... I believe Virus definitions update does this occasionally, as does, usually, major or collective updates .
It is usually the two: Computer and Files services and Email/IM services that need
to be "Fixed".
I think this is a separate issue from the mystery that turns System Guard off.

Thanks for any referral or feedback

JMH
2 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

RE: Updates Shut Off Protection, redux

Hi,

Please clarify/follow the below steps.

1. What is the operating system? Is it Windows Xpnull or Vista?

2. Open Mcafee Security Center & check what is the exact message that is displayed on the right pane of computer & files & Internet & Network.

3. Check the system date & time.

4. Check for older version of Mcafee i.e.(if you have any other Mcafee program except Mcafee security center),If found remove the same.
5. Check for other security software, have detailed information of other security software go to the link http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100376&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777217 & remove if anything found. Restart the computer & then try to update.
jmh_dell
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

RE: Updates Shut Off Protection, redux

Hi
I guess we are proceeding with this issue on our other thread.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community