MVP
Message 12 of 18

Re: Update to v10 forced to uninstall; not uninstalling or reinstalling

Strikethrough..?....now OK or what?

lloydjv
Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Stuck key there. No, now in addition to no download, my system restore and search features no longer work. This is turning into quite a chore and now 4 days without AV protection.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 18

Well I doubt this has anything to do with the original poster's issues but check your machine for malware using the free version of this software:  http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Update it before running and let it remove anything it finds and reboot immediately if it asks you to.

I would have thought you had access to all kinds of internal troubleshooters there, am I wrong?

lloydjv
Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Actually I'm no slouch when it comes to the technical side of PC's, but this issue is baffling. I have run a complete scan with Malwarebytes on the two desktop PCs affected to no avail.

I have noticed however, there is a buried MFE script in a program folder I cannot remove no matter how I've signed on or in what mode, which I find amazing. It appears to be part of a core program, but is invulnerable and cannot be altered. Therefore I believe this may be a conflict between this new version and the core Dell program of the particular workstation model I am attempting to update. In previous years I have had no problem with my subscription renewals, but this version is different. 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 18

Is McAfee installed currently or not?  You would have to disable Access Protection to be able to delete system entries.

Double-click the tasdkbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Navigation (top-right)

Click General Settings and Alerts (left)

Click Access Protection to expand and uncheck it, click Apply

Or....perhaps some other software is preventing same.

lloydjv
Contributor
Message 17 of 18

The new 3-user will not complete installation. When attempting to download the application the message continuously displays the same, therefore we go about using the removal tool, and preinstall tool to no avail. I have removed every old trace of my Subscription I could find and any other programs even remotely related to conflicting AV programs. MVT does not work because even after attempting to load the application, it says it cannot find it. What we need to find out for certain is why the subscription is being rejected for download so we can work around it or find the solution. I would presume there is a program or registry conflicting with this causing the issue.  

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 18

Well unfortunately there's a limit to what us Mods can do and this would be the stage that I would suggest Technical Support Chat for the tech issues and Customer Service for any subscription issues.  You can bypass the MVT by clicking it under the Tech Support site and then clicking Chat and Email a second time.

MCPR should have removed everything there provided it was consumer products and not any Enterprise stuff.   That;s assuming it's the latest download of MCPR and not some old version stored on the machine.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community