cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanM-L_1re
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Update(s) to Security Center & Products

No technical problem here, just a search for information. In addition to the daily "DAT" updates, I occasionally receive updates that affect Security Center, Personal Firewall, etc. Invariably, these updates require a re-boot. I have two (2) concerns. First, I would like to have more control over the timing of these updates. And second (and more important), is any documentation (even a simple ".txt" file) available/provided to detail which components were updated, why and what for the problems the update(s) were targeted.

I can see the updated version(s) on the "About" panel. I would like to tie this to some reasons(s) more specific than the message that components were updated, and a re-start is needed.

Thanks.
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: Update(s) to Security Center & Products

Hi, unfortunately they don't even tell us what the updates comprise of and the log files are difficult to read for us non-staff.

You can control updates however. Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter
Click Advanced Menu (bottom left)
Click Configure (left)
With SecurityCenter highlighted at top left
Click Advanced (right)
Click Update Options (left)
You can modify settings over at the right.
SeanM-L_1re
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Spot on! I re-configured to download and inform me of updates. I do hope that some brief description of the update reasons (such as "security", problem fixes, etc) might be forthcoming in the future.

Thanks again.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

We've asked for it amongst many other things people would like to see, but it's obviously not high on the list of priorities.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community