cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dursley
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Update message keeps coming back

I get an Update prompt every month or so that pops up in the lower right corner and I click it to accept but the message keeps coming back for a number of days afterwards which is puzzling.  I have the automatic updates switched on so wonder why I get the Update message anyway?

It is the BT provided Virus Protect version.

4 Replies
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 5

Re: Update message keeps coming back

@dursley 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. In order to provide you the troubleshooting steps, requesting you share the operating system that is installed on your PC using the below steps

For Windows PC

• Go to Start  
  • Type Run 
  • Click Run
  • Type Msinfo32 and click OK button
  • By default the cursor will be in "System Summary"
  • Take a screenshot of the right hand side where the system info is listed and share us the same

For Mac

• Click the Apple menu icon at the top left corner of your screen
  • Select the “About This Mac” 
  • The name and version number of your Mac's operating system appears on the “Overview” tab in the About This Mac window.

Also let us know whether your operating system is up to date.

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
dursley
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Ah sorry yes I should have included more system information. I am running Windows 10 with the latest updates in mid-January.  Automatic updates are switched on for Windows.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Just wondering if you might have any other security software that might be causing a conflict?

Tom K3TG

sivasubramanian
Message 5 of 5

@dursley 

Thanks for the operating system information. We would like to inform you that, if you are getting the update notification from action center then it belongs to windows, just update and reboot the computer. check from where the update notification is triggered. If you are getting the update notification from McAfee, that alert will have McAfee logo on that. For McAfee, please follow our article to clean up the unwanted junk and corrupted update files from your computer which will boost up your computers performance and ensure that it will stop the repeated updates. Requesting to observe and update the status to proceed further.

Regards
Siva  

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community