cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kal018
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Unending McAfee Popup

Hi. I'm a McAfee customer and have been for a few years now, I have it installed on my Lenovo Yoga. I got a popup message a couple days ago on my computer that says "We just stopped a virus. No action needed. Wondering where it came from? ..." and on and on. I can tell you word for word what it says because it will not go away. Every time I close the pop up, it reappears about 2 seconds later. I am not exaggerating. This takes up a good chunk of screen space on my computer. it is relatively impossible to get anything done with this on my screen. If I click "see details" the details of the detected virus come up, the pop up goes away, and then comes back again in 2 seconds. Please how do I make this stop. I need this gone. It is absolutely driving me crazy to have to minimize every other application to make it small enough so this popup doesnt cover up half the page. Please help. 

3 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unending McAfee Popup

Hello @kal018 

We are so sorry about the issue that you are facing. Please let us know if the popup appears when you are working on a browser or any apps? If possible, please provide a screenshot.

Regards,
Madhan M

kal018
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi again, this popup occurs literally anytime, no matter if there is any browser open or not. I attached a screenshot. 

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi @kal018 

We are sorry for the inconvenience as we were not able to access the screenshot you sent. Please check the chrome or edge browser extension if any unwanted extension installed. If yes, Please remove it restart your PC and run a quick scan to confirm and Please update us with the outcome.. 

Thanks,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community