Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerome
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Unable to scan from McAfee Security Center

Hi All,

i face the same problem as this thread.But like to know some solution for this.

im unable to scan my laptop.

And im unable to use yahoo messanger,gtalk,firefox browser and even unable to download the youtube videos.

Just thought thatthere might be some problem with firewall or some virus threat so tried to scan my device and found it is unable to scan.Please do reply nad help me.

Thanks,

Jerome

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/27530

6 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to scan from McAfee Security Center

Hi jerome,

Could you please let us know the following details so as we could help you with the same,

What is the error that you receive while you try to scan from security center ?
What is the operating system of the computer ?
Do you have any other security software installed in the computer ?
What is the version of your internet explorer ?

Please run Mcafee virtual technician from here and post me your session id .

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

Ms_Stockton
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

I'm also having the same problem on my home computer.  My yahoo mail isn't loading, I'm not able to run youtube videos.  Almost every webpage that requires an action from me (install, download, run, etc) does not load properly.  I'm unable to access the McAfee virtual technician from my home computer.

I'm using Windows Vista, I do have MalwareBites and AdWare installed in addition to McAfee and am using Explorer 7.  

Ms_Stockton
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

I'm not able to scan at all.  I've tried to run McAfee from both the Task Manager and through the Program on the start button.  When I select "scan" nothing happens.  My machine is not recognizing that McAfee is installed (which it is).  Also. I've tried to load virtual technician on my home computer and I'm not able to load it -- the screen that says virtual technician isn't found and I'll be prompted to lanch it doesn't load correctly, the "next" button doesn't appear, so I'm not able to continue the lanching.  Also, when I try to initiate a chat session with a technician, I press the chat button and nothing happens.  Oh, I forgot to mention that I do have Windows Defender loaded on my home machine.

MattyIce
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I cannot do a quick scan, a custom scan, or scan individual files and folders.  I can't even load the virtual technician for help.

1.) I am receiving the following error messages whenever I attempt a scan:

Couldn't load script:misp://::ScanCustomSettings.js

Couldn't load script:misp://::ScanRunningMasthead.js

Couldn't load script:misp://::ScanRunning.js

Couldn't load script:misp://::ScanClean.js

2.) I am using Windows 7, 64 bit

3.) I am also running Stopzilla, Adaware & Malewarebyts.  I have always had these and never had a problem in the past.

4.) I have Internet Explorer 8, but mostly use Firefox version 3.6.11

And like I said, every time I tried to load the McAffee virtual technician, I get a Windows message saying it has stopped working.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

auser
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

What is the solution to this thread? I too can't scan my pc with the same error of

Couldn't load script:misp://::ScanCustomSettings.js

Couldn't load script:misp://::ScanRunningMasthead.js

Couldn't load script:misp://::ScanRunning.js

Couldn't load script:misp://::ScanClean.js

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit.

Please reply ASAP.

Thanks.

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

Hello mattlyce,

Your issue seems critical, Would you be interested in a call back from our Senior technicians from McAfee forums support so as we could help you fix the issue . If yes, please click on my avatar image and send me a Private message so as we could proceed with the call back at your favorable time .

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community