Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericghanson
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Unable to delete 2750 Quarantined Items

Jump to solution

I am unable to delete Quarantined Items either using McAfee Security Center(script hangs) or manually (permission violation and unable to change permissionson on ProgramData\Mcafee\Viruscan\Quarantine).  How do I delete the 2750 Quarantined Items??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericghanson
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to delete 2750 Quarantined Items

Jump to solution

I found from another post that stated Access Protection must be disabled in the McAfee Security Center before the Quarantined items can be deleted and then reenabled after deletion.  This fact was left out when the original  post for deleting the items in C:ProgramData\Mcafee\VirusScan\Quarantine (a hidden folder) was made.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ericghanson
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

I found from another post that stated Access Protection must be disabled in the McAfee Security Center before the Quarantined items can be deleted and then reenabled after deletion.  This fact was left out when the original  post for deleting the items in C:ProgramData\Mcafee\VirusScan\Quarantine (a hidden folder) was made.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

I put some instructions for this in https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2973 ("Manual deletion of quarantined items"). Did I leave something out?

I take your point about the folder being hidden. I've changed the wording of that section to make it clearer.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community