cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lorne
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Unable to activate

I installed security center 9 from a new CD a few days ago. It is a 3 user licence and installed on one other machine with no problem. On my laptop I thought I activated it during install but the Main window says it is not activated.

I also get a popup window every time I start the computer saying I must activate within so many days (now down to 4) but nothing happens when I press the activate button. When I go to the my account web page it says I have 1 copy activated and a licence for 3 machines.

I had security center 8 installed before but the licence ran out a while ago. Also the task bar icon is red which help says means it is activated but everything else suggests it is not.

How can I activate my product?
5 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

RE: Unable to activate

Hi,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to Activate/ Register it later or do you still have the same issue?
Lorne
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

I solved my problem - I had a 3 user license disk and was trying to install from the disk on each machine. By chance I found a link on the first machine (that activated correctly) asking if I wanted to install on other computers. Pressing that link gave me a web address that installed directly on the other computers without using the install CD. If that is how it is supposed to be done then your instructions on the CD are hopeless as they make no mention of it!!

Now however I have a new problem, as of last week. Each machine in turn is asking me to verify my subscription despite the license date being december 13th 2009. Ofcourse my first computer verified correctly but the other 2 refuse - I click the verify button, it says it was verified OK, but it does not remove the error messages and my McAfee icon has a cross on it and says I am not protected.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Hi

Try to update the McAfee product manually by clicking on Update button

Find out which email address you registered your product with by clicking on the following URL: http://us.mcafee.com/apps/agent/tools/ts/ts_getemail_new.asp

make sure all the computer (McAfee) are registered with a same email address.

Regards
Bala
Lorne
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Regards
Bala

I have now solved the issue via online help. My current program activation was getting corrupted by older McAfee products that had expired and were replaced by my new 3 user license product. Uninstalling everything, then running the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR.exe) to remove all 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 program remnants followed by a reinstall did the trick.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Great, please do get back to us if you have any more concern:)

Regards
Bala
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community