cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJMadAdam
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Unable to access LiveJournal.com

I've logged onto my PC for the first time since last Sunday. Suddenly, I'm unable to access LiveJournal.com. I contacted my ISP technical support who assessed the situation and thought that security software had somehow blocked the site. In light of the problems LJ, Twitter and Facebook had with hacking this past Thursday, I can't help but think that this is related and that the site has somehow been flagged with an alert level that McAfee detected and, thus, prevented access.

Does anyone know how, through Security Center, I can unblock the website?

Thanks for everyone's help.

~Adam
3 Replies
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 2 of 4

RE: Unable to access LiveJournal.com

Haven't seen an "alert level" with McAfee software in all those years.... Are you still unable to access the LiveJournal site?
What kind of McAfee software do you have installed? Plus on what version of Windows software?
DJMadAdam
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Turns out, it was a problem with LiveJournal, after all. Yes, many hours later I regained access to the site. The hack attack that hit LJ caused them to isolate some parts of the server, so people in a few geographic regions weren't able to log on. I imagine they've fixed the problem now.

Thanks for responding.
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

Okay, thanks for posting back! Glad it's resolved though...
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community