cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmazak
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Trusted Network - Network Manager

When I click on manage Network - it says that "the computer is connected to a network that is not trusted" is not that what we want? What net work is it talking about. I don't have a network just me connected to the internet. From the modem to the desktop. How do I trust this network and what is it?http://community.mcafee.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
2 Replies
bmazak
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

I did not get a reply

I have an account with you and I understand your busy. By the way I have an XP Pro desktop dual processor. Hello? Any body out there?
mrepuski
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: I did not get a reply

Hello bmazak,

Based on the information you have provided this feature is not available nor needed. If you have one system and or directly connect to the Internet the managed network is not needed. This function allows you to see the other computers on your local private network and review the status of the OS it's patches and Service Pack Level.

If you do build a local network the firewall should recognize the local IP network and add it automatically for the first network and ask you for any subsequent networks.

If you have a private network and your managed network is having issue we have a few FAQ's that can help rebuild this data.

FAQ Support Page http://service.mcafee.com/FAQSearch.aspx?lc=4105&sg=TS&pt=1FAQ number TS100380F

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community