cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_K
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Trouble Ejecting a USB Drive

Whenever I plug in a USB drive, McAfee asks if I want to scan the drive.  I usually click OK.  After I am done using the drive and try to Safely Eject it, Windows gives me a warning message:  “This device is currently in use.  Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again”.

None of this works.  I have closed every open window and still get the same warning.  Very annoying.

How does one get McAfee to turn the USB drive loose after scanning so it can be ejected?Problem Ejecting.jpg

2 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 3

Re: Trouble Ejecting a USB Drive

Hi @David_K 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. McAfee already aware of this issue and working hard to fix  it. We will keep this thread updated.

Alternatively you can reach our 24/7 consumer chat support from below link.

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

MajorGR
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Trouble Ejecting a USB Drive

Where is the update? I am still facing the same problem.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community