cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil_Clancy
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Trojans cannot be Trusted in McAfee AntiSpyware

That's what the knowledge base told me when I went looking. And it said that was "by design". Well, what if McAfee is wrong? If I have a file that isn't a Trojan or virus but McAfee says it is, it doesn't give me the option to "trust" it like it would with a PUP. What should I do? I searched the forums and I found this thread: http://community.mcafee.com/message/95103#95103, which Ex_Brit responded to and he directed the poster to a thread which he said would help him, but the link is broken so I couldn't go there. Help, anyone?

1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Trojans cannot be Trusted in McAfee AntiSpyware

Hi Neil_Clancy ,

When a file cannot be matched to a known threat, but exhibits unusual and possibly threatening behavior, VirusScan utilizes Artemis technology to evaluate the threat of the unknown file. If the file is deemed unsafe, VirusScan will quarantine the file to protect your computer.

If you feel that VirusScan has incorrectly quarantined a file you know to be safe, you can recover that file or submit it to mcafee labs using the steps in this link  .

Regards,

Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community