cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlcavor
Former Member
Message 11 of 35

Re: Traffic Monitor not working in IS 11.6?

Make sure you select 'Show Everything' and 'For All Days' at the top of the window. My history is up to date to my last scan of Friday, November 23.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 35

No Security History entries.JPG

I rest my case.

jlcavor
Former Member
Message 13 of 35

Sorry, I missunderstood your comment. It appears I have the same pattern showing...

Message was edited by: jlcavor on 11/29/12 3:49:56 PM PST
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 35

Well, maybe this is the answer to the Security History thing. I don't bother checking Security Center settings much : I set them, I expect them to stay set. Not so, apparently. The update to 11.6 introduced some new features (Intrusion Protection? First time I'd seen it. Traffic Controller? That name has changed, from whatever it was).

It also reset the Firewall History settings, turning them off. How dumb is that?

Firewall activity settings.JPG

I set it to log events again. Let's see if they start appearing in the Security History.

jlcavor
Former Member
Message 15 of 35

In my case the Security History appeared to be set up correctly but only scans are logged since 10/27. I reapplied the settings though to see if that makes a difference. Let us know if you see more complete logging. I have seen some blocked site notifications pop up the last week or so but I don't see then in the log. You have to wonder how well they QA these releases and whether other, more critical functionality, is not working.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 16 of 35

Strange, in my case I see my security history stopped logging blocked suspicious incoming network connections since 27th October 2012, despite all the boxes being ticked in my 'Firewall History'.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 35

I just checked : nothing yet. I think it's broken.

(I did just get a Buffer Overflow message after switching on Intrusion Protection though, and it duly shows in Security History. Never seen one of those before. I recall there were threads about those messages, so I'll add something to one of those threads.)

jero2008
Contributor
Message 18 of 35

I just checked and my Traffic Monitor is not working in 11.6 update.

jlcavor
Former Member
Message 19 of 35

I still have the same behavior I reported in earlier posts. Only scans are logged in the Security History. Blocked Sites are being logged and filed in the Net Guard drawer. I have three there the most recent of which is dated 11/27.

Peacekeeper
Message 20 of 35

From what we were told the fix is in 12.1 and may be put in 11.6 is enough users call support. 12.1 is available for new installs BUT not for most ISPs etc they seem to lag a version or 2.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community