Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blackswan
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Total Protection - 'Error' on Full Scan

Hi,

I have McAfee Total Protection on my laptop and have received numerous calls from 'unknown' scammers to tell me my security has lapsed - when I know that it hasn't. However, when trying to perfom a full scan of my system, the McAfee box brings up an error message saying 'an unexpected error has occurred during your scan. Please click ok and try again'.

I have clicked 'OK' but there is no change to the message. The McAfee info box tells me that 'your computer is secure' - but why won't it allow me to conduct a full scan? Can anyone help please?

1 Reply
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Total Protection - 'Error' on Full Scan

Hi Blackswan,

You are right, those calls are fake , as your McAfee security subscription is good until 04/21/2012. And to investigate on the scan error , please provide us with the below details :

Operating system > Windows Xp/Vista/7

Click on About in security center and let us know ;

McAfee Security center :

Version:

Aff id:

McAfee Virus scan :

Version :

DAT:

Do you have any other security software installed on your PC ?

Open Interent explorer – Click on Help – Let us know

Version :

Cipher strength :

Cheers

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community