Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 11 of 41

RE: Same problem: Check point VPN

For all those who are experiencing the crash with the VPN check point...

Disable the McAfee system guard as a temporary solution till further notice!

To do that

click on start

Type services.msc (type in Run if its XP)
and hit enter

locate and double click on McAfee system guard
Stop the service
change the startup type to disable
click apply and ok.
select ignore for the protection inside the McAfee Security centre if it throws a not protected error.

McAfee Engineering team is working on a solution for this and you can expect a solution for this soon.:)
Diver_57
Former Member
Message 12 of 41

I agree I was having problem trying to use Checkpoint VPN. When I start services it causes my laptop top's screen to go black no cursor. I have to hold power button down till PC Reboots. I have disabled Systemguard by clicking on the basic menu screen Computer and files then click configure. Click on Radio button to turn off (disable) SystemGuard. I was then able to close McAfee and use Checkpoint VPN as normal.

I noticed the problem after auto downloading and installing updates between Saturday Sept 27 and October 1.

I sure hope McAfee fixes this problem quickly. Hope this helps.

Will Techs post something here so we know when they have fix for this error available as an update. I currently have turned updating McAfee off for now, but I do want to get current ASAP.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 41

Will post any updates for sure...

Turn on the McAfee updates and see ifthe system guard is getting on.. if it is disable it via the serivces.msc and see.
Asullyde
Former Member
Message 14 of 41

I received a call from Mcafee Tech Support regarding this issue today. The rep said that Mcafee is aware of the conflict with Checkpoint VPN and that they are working on a solution. Suggested that solution could be 2 to 3 weeks away. Said that the only work around was to turn off Systemgaurd (as described in above post).

Will keep this thread posted on any updates I learn.
Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 41

Thanks for the update nice to see you got a call back.
andrelzsan
Former Member
Message 16 of 41

Any news about this issue? i am still having trouble using VPN-1 securemote with:

Mcafee total protection 2008

Security center v 9.0
virusscan v 13.0
personal firewall 10.0

PT-BR

happy
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 41

No updates yet:(
i guess the issue is being discussed by both the parties in question:confused:
furiousdog
Former Member
Message 18 of 41

Any Updates

This has been an issue for over 3 weeks now. Is there a patch forthcoming, or is it time for me to switch to Norton?

:mad:
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 41

RE: Any Updates

Apparently its an issue due to errors on both the software and this will take its own time...

it may take 2 more weeks... patches are currently being tested for safety.
matrixluke
Contributor
Message 20 of 41

RE: Any Updates

We are working on the pateches now. We cannot release until its been tested out completely.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community