Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 13

Re: System & Hidden files setting changed after performing scan

Click the Technical Support link under Useful Links at the top of this page.  You will be asked to run the Virtual Technician first before any contact links will be revealed.   Just follow the prompts.  They are open 24/7.

delclemons
Contributor
Message 12 of 13

Unfortunately, I never heard anything either.   I uninstalled McAfee licensed software from three computers I subscribed to and moved to another Anti virus.  Since moving, I have been extremely satisfied with the new software and my computers have all been blessed with a HUGE performance boost.  

No more lost time trying to find out what is happening behind the operating system with McAfee.

I had been a LOYAL McAfee customer since 1997, recommending the product to many friends and associates and having installed it on numerous computers.

Ex-britt, I know it is not your fault or any reflection on you.   I know you are plugging away doing the very best you can with the resources you have.   The problem with this software lies squarely on the engineers and management of the company.

Oh, and one final note.   You made mention that I should not have been trying to remove a quarantined file anywhere other than using the software itself.   Unfortunately, the alledged software that was quarantined as malware was a false positive.  It was an executeable file I use with my DVD burning that was identified as malware.   I was navigating to the place where the file should have been and this is when I discovered my file extensions and hidden files had been changed.

I am replying to this thread not as a current user, but I am still subscribed and saw a number of posts that were directed to my "inbox".   Thank you.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 13

Glad you are OK and sorry you had to "move", well that's was your choice.  I'm only a customer like yourselves.

False positives are an occasional hiccup with any antivirus.  With McAfee there's a way of getting around that which I described here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

At some stage it may happen with your new one so best check ways of getting it sorted out.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community