cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caiocosta2008
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Stuck 1% and cant reinstall McAfee

Hi, today i try to run a full scan in my computer, but get stuck at 1% for a long time, so i resete the computer at the safe mode and tried again. In the safe mode i made a full scan and dont find any virus. So i restarted the computer in normal windows mode again and tried to make a quick scan, but get stuck at 1% again. So i tried to reinstall McAfee to see if it was a installation problem, but after desinstalling e restarting the computer, when i try to run the McAfee installer it get stuck at 27%, the computer got 100% disk usage and the instalation nerver finish. Can anyone help ?

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Re: Stuck 1% and cant reinstall McAfee

Yes this seems an issue with 16.0.R7. I see it as well though quick scak appeares to be fixed now after 3 goes . Full scan still an issue with staying at 1% or 15% etc. I have passed this up the line  to the program manager.

Re reinstalling follow this

Assuming you uninstalled McAfee in the normal manner via Control Panel > Programs and Features to start with

Reboot and run a new copy of MCPR.  Or keep it saved to your desktop to try later.

Reboot again. and retry the install

Ril952
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I have the same problem, only my full scan won’t work in safe mode. It’s still stops at one percent what the heck is in MCPR, and how do I run it?????

Howard46
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Having the same problems on Win11 PC.  A quickscan works, but not a full scan.  Always stops 1%.

All software update.   Windows check with "sfc /scannow" also is OK.  

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 5

Latest update R113 should have the fix for this. Actually a recent Virusscan update fixed mine stuck at 99%

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community