cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Still having problems with high cpu

Today while doing a scan i noticed my cpu at 100% again.I even had IE crash while coming to this site.Is anyone else expierancing this problem still?

I really did`nt go back to look through task manager.Last time was having a problem with Mcshield.Any help would be appreciated.

here is image.After leaving here i went into task manager had high mcshield & svchost.I tried to come back to the forums.IE crashed!I eventually tried to cancel scan.Mcafee would not cancel.I went into task mngr. to end process.Access denied!!This is insane.I have been dealing with these problems from day 1.As soon as you think you have something fixed,it`s the same old story here.I believe as a show of good customer service Mcafee should extend their money back policy.It is bad business for a customer to have had so many problems with a paid for security product.With no end in site.I have been more then patiant with Mcafee.The last 9 months of my paid for version of Mcafee has been the most frustrating experiance of ever owning a computer.Temparary fixes and no solutions.

Message was edited by: newjack on 10/11/10 8:37:43 PM EDT

Message was edited by: newjack on 10/12/10 4:23:52 PM EDT
6 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: Still having problems with high cpu

Anything new on the Mcafee Cpu problems??

DGPickett
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

They seem to be back for me, McCHSvc.exe taking 100% of one CPU during scan.  And scan takes quite a while.

DGPickett
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

. . . but the machine is still responsive, PF Delta still low on that process.  There is PF Delta activity on McSvcHost and mcshield, but not so much it seems to disrupt.  Mostly, it is the high fan noise (they are dynamically activated) when working online.

ConorD62
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Hi Newjack,

I also have the same problems,

Most commonly on start ups, I have 100 CPU being use, and McAfee is using about 40 percent of it.

newjack
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

I  have to say that I have not had any problem lately....(fingers crossed) A while back i did a remote session.But not long after they released a patch I believe.My main problem seemed to be from Mcshield exe.Whenever an update or a scan was being performed the computer was unusable.I hope this is not a result of an update.As i am 2 days behind again.The "smart timer" has retired.I would check your task manager and see what is taking up all of the Cpu.This was an old thread.

Message was edited by: newjack on 2/6/11 11:50:29 AM EST
ConorD62
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Oops!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community