cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayfroo
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Sometimes, McAfee Security Centre goes blank, it is just a white rectangle on my desktop, can any one help?

Jump to solution

Sometimes, McAfee goes blank, it is just a white rectangle on my desktop, I can still click on buttons in the rectangle, if I had memorised where everything was i could still use it normaly. This mainly happens when I restart explorer.exe.

When this happens my computer goes laggy and slow.

mcafee.jpg That is what it looks like when I open McAfee when it decides to go blank. Is there a way to permanently fix this.

Message was edited by: Jayfroo on 04/10/10 18:11:12 CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Deepu_S
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sometimes, McAfee Security Centre goes blank, it is just a white rectangle on my desktop, can any one help?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Screenshot that you have attached show the icon of Internet Explorer 9 which is not compatible with McAfee. You need to uninstall Internet Explorer 9 inorder to resolve this issue.

To uninstall Internet Explorer 9,

1. Click on Windows Start button.

2. Type appwiz.cpl in search bar.

3.Click on View Installed updates.

appwiz ie9.gif

4. from that list, select Internet Explorer 9 and uninstall the product.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Deepu_S
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sometimes, McAfee Security Centre goes blank, it is just a white rectangle on my desktop, can any one help?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Screenshot that you have attached show the icon of Internet Explorer 9 which is not compatible with McAfee. You need to uninstall Internet Explorer 9 inorder to resolve this issue.

To uninstall Internet Explorer 9,

1. Click on Windows Start button.

2. Type appwiz.cpl in search bar.

3.Click on View Installed updates.

appwiz ie9.gif

4. from that list, select Internet Explorer 9 and uninstall the product.

Jayfroo
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank you, that has fixed it.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK now.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community