Shortcut

Does anybody else have the desktop shortcut keep showing up after deleting it

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Shortcut

You mean the shortcut to McAfee SecurityCenter?  That was supposed to have been fixed back in January, see this thread:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/44229 or https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-3361

but it will depend on what version of SecurityCenter you have, you can check that by opening it and clicking 'About' at the top right.   Some users who receive their software indirectly, through their ISP or Computer Maker may be behind a few versions

which unfortunately isn't fixable by McAfee.   However if you are using the latest one, it shouldn't be happening and best to contact Technical Support, it's a free phone call or use the online chat - see link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

joecoasty
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I am running Version 11.0 Build 11.0.654 I have updated several times but the icon keeps popping back up. Any other suggestions?

I also have this on my desktop computer running Vista and the problem did get fixed. Just not on my laptop running windows 7.

Both have the same version.

Message was edited by: joecoasty on 4/28/12 7:55:02 AM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

There is an update that is slowly being released - 11.0.669 which may or may not solve this for you.  It takes a while to reach every server.   Just try right-clicking the taskbar icon to check for updates from time to time.

That said, I had your version until yesterday and didn't have the icon issue as I don't keep a desktop icon for it at all.

Otherwise Technical Support might be able to help you, it's free via phone or online chat and linked through Useful Links at the top of this page.

joecoasty
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thank you I will keep looking for the up date.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

All the same it shouldn't be happening.  I was running that version and had no icon appearing where it shouldn't, no icon at all in fact.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community