cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tondro
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Service Host Crashing Unexpectedly

Well just like the title says. my Mcafee Service Host seems to crash randomly. I was opening firefox and i was going on youtube but it was taking long and my service host crashed and it said that i had to report it. I wonder if this is something to worry about. It doesn't happen to me that often.

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Service Host Crashing Unexpectedly

I wouldn't be too concerned especially if SecurityCenter says it is protecting.   I see those from time to time and am never quite sure what exactly caused it but I think it may be Siteadvior momentarily losing touch with its database, or something along those lines.

tondro
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Oh ok thanks. Also one more thing... Sometimes i see this "Your pc is at risk" message for about a few milliseconds and then when i check it's fine. I look at my task manager and see if all the things that are supposed to run are running and it's fine.

conductorwho
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Can you copy/paste the error text from "Control Panel\System and Security\Action Center\Reliability Monitor" here? If it is what I think it is (the HOMENE~3.dll shell extension triggering an appcrash), Tech Support is looking into it.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Yes I think it's probably just something taking a millisecond or two too long to start, but once started all is OK.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community