cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaiah5511
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Send to McAfee fails

Found 2008-5353 in quarantine. Clicking on its link took me to McAfee to be told that it wasn't found. Removed the "Exploit" text preceding 2008-5353 to research successfully. Back at the Security Center, clicked Send to McAfee button to get a McAfee error saying send failed. Attempted several times without success. I found and ran the Virtual Technician which reported all okay except that the Site Advisor needed updating. Far as I can tell it's up to date. Any suggestions what's going on?

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Send to McAfee fails

That send to link uses a protocol that is unfortunately blocked by many ISP's now so McAfee are thinking of ways to change it.

Meanwhile you would have to temporarily disable VirusScan in order to restore the file and subsequently submit it to McAfee.

To do that double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Virus and Spyware Protectiion

Click Real-Time Scanning

Click Turn Off and tell it 'Never' when it asks when to resume but don't forget to re-enable it after everything is done.

Then restore the file.

The easiest way to upload is to use McAfee's GetSusp tool, obtainable here: https://community.mcafee.com/message/198280#198280 which has the advantage of being able to upload large files if necessary, you'll see the Upload Tool tab in the interface.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/07/11 1:42:53 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community