cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yyslas
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

SecurityCenter Error

When I try to click on any McAfee icon, I keep getting this error: The version of Security Center that is installed on your computer is designed for a different operating system. If you recently updated your computer from one operating system to another (for example, Windows 2000 to Windows XP) please uninstall all McAfee Products, restart your computer, and then reinstall all the products to get the correct version for your operating system. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee from the installation disc, but I still am getting this error. I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit, a VIIV processor, and 1 gig of ram. I even used the cleanup tool that removes all of the previous versions of McAfee, and the virtual technician to no avail. I've had this setup for several years, and all of a sudden I started having these problems. I need help, Please!!
1 Reply
Dennis_Allen
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

HI..

Try this:

Right click on the Mcafee icon on the system tray(lower right side of your screen, near the clock)
Select Properties
Click on Compatibility Tab
Uncheck the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
Or w/c ever is applicable

Click apply and OK.

restart pc.

then, try to open mcafee again. happy
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community