cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ck2103
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Security levels went from 5 to 3

Hi, I'm new and hope to find a solution to this issue. I've searched the forums for a similar
situation but found nothing and hope this was the correct place to post this.
In Nov. 08 I purchased McAfee Internet Security 2009. Due to a trojan found on my computer I reformated the HD and installed McAfee. After a week of the new installation I noticed that the Security levels in the firewall options went from lockdown, stealth, tight, standard, trusting, open to.....stealth, standard and automatic.
After speaking with a Chat rep. online he told me nothing to worry about, I am protected which he still did not answer my question. It was never a question of being protected, the question was, I paid alot of money for McAfee Internet Security 2009 and want to know why I have lost all of my different security settings. He said there was an update which I already knew this looking at the "about" (bottom right had corner of the security center).
Security Center, version 9.0, build 9.0.295, affid 0-628, updated 12.31.2008, Firewall
Version 10.0, build 10.0.209, affid 0-628 updated 12.31.2008.

I just would like to know if there was an updated to reduce to number of levels? Or do I have a much bigger issue with the program? That seems to be the million dollar question as I've spoken with a telephone rep. that advised me for $10.00 I could speak with a technician or contact Customer Service for a refund at a telephone charge to me or...
I could speak with an online chat rep. which I did.

I'm sorry but I'm beginning to get a little frustrated. If McAfee did issue updates changing
the number of levels why wasn't there some type of advisory alerting the customers so we wouldn't be unstalling and reinstalling the software. I just need confirmation on what has happened so I know if my software is faulty.
Thank you,
CK
1 Reply
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

RE: Security levels went from 5 to 3

Security Center, version 9.0 ( even though technically we are speaking about Firewall
Version 10.0)
has lots of features on it and reducing the security levels to a more manageable one was a key highlight on that...
earlier it was 5 settings now it has been streamlined to 3 most useful and effective ones the Automated one actually looks after the less used 2 of the earlier 5 and also detects certain level of threats and changes the protection mode internally as and when required.

So you now have a slimmer and better product at hand.:)

Hope this helps!
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community