Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goines
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Security center 8 Internet security 2009 activation problems

Hello,

This seems to be the best place for my issue and yes, I have looked around and found similar issues but not directly adressing my issue.

1. I have uninstalled all mcafee products and want to install and activate/use my new internet security 2009 license. When trying to activate my new license it says: You have mcafee products on this system. Press proceed to use existing registration information. I do not want to use existing registration information. I just uninstalled and want a clean installation and license. I have looked at the Q and As but when I click on the articles i get "an error accurred" and cannot see the article (maybe someone has an answer to this as well - I have no other problems/issues with IE) I can see that there are something called mcpr.exe. But since I cannot get to the Qand A I cannot get the mcpr.exe. I do not want to get the MCPR.exe from google since I have no idea what I a might be getting/running. If it is the latest version and if it works on my security center 8.
So: Ho do I completely remove mcafee products from my XP SP3 installment so I can do a clean install of my new licence?

Than you
/Gustav
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: Security center 8 Internet security 2009 activation problems

You need to contact Swedish Customer Service to sort out any subscription problems. Link at top of the page second from the left. You can use Chat or email or phone as follows:
Telephone Customer Service

Ring08 57929004 om du vill tala med en kundtjänstrepresentant. Du kan bli ombedd att ange din registrerade e-postadress och ditt beställningsnummer. Telefonavgifter måste eventuellt betalas.
Uppskattad väntetid: 10-30 minuter
Öppettider: 09.00-18.00 local, Måndag t.o.m. FredaMeanwhile, to get rid of the old products and make sure the new ones install properly do the following after having enabled Windows Firewall.

1. Uninstall all McAfee programs through "Add or Remove Programs" in Windows "Control Panel".

2. Use the MCPR tool, see this article: How to remove supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MC...
This will remove all McAfee remnants from your computer. (you must have Windows Vista, XP or 2000 SP4 to use this tool)

3. Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data" and "C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data". You have to set Windows Explorer to show all hidden files and folders (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Just delete the McAfee folders even if they are empty in all the "Application Data" folders. Can be more than one!
In Vista: C:\Program Files, C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming

4. Reboot and redownload/reinstall your McAfee products directly from your account at the McAfee web site.

Once McAfee's Firewall Plus is up and running Windows Firewall should have been automatically turned off.

Moved to Security Center 9 - 2009.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community