cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manyangels
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Security center 2009

I have Security Center 2009. I purchased Virusscan Plus from wallyworld, and while installing it, I chose to do the download as apposed to the disk install, as recomended by McAfee. I have version 9.3 Build 9.3.151. I have ALWAYS trusted McAfee. BUT I cannot change the "automatic scan" settings, it will not allow me to choose myself when to scan my computer, nor can I choose weather or not to allow certain programs to run. Some things, McAfee simply removes, and places in quaranteen, and I want those programs to be allowed to run! I want the choice weather or not to run them! As said before, I want to choose myself these actions. How can I fix these problems?
Labels (1)
7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

RE: Security center 2009

First of all you have to be signed into Windows as a user with administrator status to alter settings.

If things are being quarantined then VirusScan must think they are infected.

If you know that they are not then follow the guidelines here: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=228162 as you will have to report them to the Threat Center first.
manyangels
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Great,, Thankyou very much! Now do you have any idea how I can choose when to scan,
rather than the automatic scan thing? I have McAfee installed on 3 seperate computers,
and I would prefer to choose when to scan them myself! Thankyou again!
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

You can alter or even disable the auto scan feature and you can alter or disable auto updates too.

Double-click the taskbar icon to open Security Center (to which I will hereafter refer to as MSC for brevity)

Click Advanced Menu (bottom left)

The next bit is your choice. 2 tasks are enabled in MSC

Click Tools (left)
Click Task Scheduler (right)
Delete the Defragmenter and Quickclean tasks...if you wish.

Now to your question...

Click Configure (left)
Click Computer & Files (top left)
Click Advanced (right)
Click Scheduled Scan (left) - alter your settings to your wishes.

To alter the update settings

Click Configure (left)
Click SecurityCenter (top left)
Click Advanced (right)
Click Update Options (left) & alter to whatever you want. Disabling them however will cause warning pop-ups.
manyangels
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Thankyou very much! happy
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

You're welcome. Let me know how it goes.
manyangels
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

So far so good!!! Thankyou very much!
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

You are very welcome. I've marked this one solved. Please don't hesitate to start a new thread if you have any more issues.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community