cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukeser
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Security Center launches on one computer but Antivirus Plus on the other

I installed Antivirus Plus on a Win 7 system. When I double click the McAfee desktop icon, the tool that launches is titled Antivirus Plus.

Using the same subscription on a second Win 7 computer, I installed Antivirus Plus on it. Double clicking on the McAfee desktop icon launches a tool titled Security Center.

The Security Center tool has more features than the one called Antivirus Plus. Why are two different tools launching on machines with the same operating system? Why isn't Security Center launching on system #1?

2 Replies
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 3

Re: Security Center launches on one computer but Antivirus Plus on the other

Hi @lukeser ,

Greetings from Mcafee.

If the interface shows Security Centre that means some of the file is not correctly installed. This may be because of operating system not up-to-date or file not installed properly while installation.

We request you to update your computer if any update available and un-install and reinstall the McAfee program.

NOTE: Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7.x. Your PC could be at risk from new threats if you’re using any of these Windows versions. McAfee strongly recommends that you upgrade your PC's operating system to a newer version as soon as possible.
McAfee support for McAfee products running on Windows 8.0 or 7.x is limited.

Regards,

Kumar

lukeser
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Security Center launches on one computer but Antivirus Plus on the other

Thank you @Kumar_suman But if my Windows 7 OS is not up to date, wouldn't the default tool be the one called Antivirus Plus instead of Security Center? Security Center is more robust than Antivirus Plus and is the superior tool.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community