Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sparkle60
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Security Center does not fix issues

Hello,

Almost every time I turn on my computer, a icon is in the lower right hand tray informing me that my computer is not protected. I open the security center and click "fix", but it is never fixed! This is always in the areas of "computer and files" and "e-mail and IM". It informs me that action is requred, but the component that is supposed to fix these areas does not do the job.

I do not want my safety on my computer to be compromised, so if I cannot get these items fixed, I'm going back to AVG Free-I never had problems with their computer protection and am getting tired of nothing getting fixed vwith McAfee.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Pam Smith

1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Security Center does not fix issues

Hi Pam,

Sorry for the incovenience caused, to resolve your issue could you please provide the following information;

What is the error message displayed underneath the fix button, (if possible attach a pic of it)
At present do we have any other security software installed in the computer?

What type of internet connection we use for the comptuer?

Regards,

Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community