Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradcarp
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Security Center Wont Install

Jump to solution

I have a new laptop with Windows 8 and have been trying to add it as another device on my McAfee Small Business Security subscription. I have downloaded it several times and install and I first get told that "none of my security features could be installed" and then I run McAfee Virtual Technician who says that the issue is Security Center 14.0 needs to be updated. It has a red "update now" text that would imply you click it to launch an update, but that doesnt work.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

Re: Security Center Wont Install

Jump to solution

Make sure any previous security software is uninstalled and use their tool if applicable.

Completely uninstall via Control Panel > Programs and Features, reboot.

Run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.

Reinstall from your online account.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

I assume the Small business security subscription uses the consumer version try disabling access protection and update there is a a fix available but I feel it needs a reinstall or disabling AP to get it. AP is found in navigation General Settings and Alerts and Access Protection. Ensure after the update you reenable AP.

That is my initial thought if no help best you contact support

Services and Support for Home and Office

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Make sure any previous security software is uninstalled and use their tool if applicable.

Completely uninstall via Control Panel > Programs and Features, reboot.

Run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.

Reinstall from your online account.

bradcarp
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you Ex_Brit for the pointer to the clean up tool. Uninstalling and then cleaning up and re-installing solved my problem. All good now. Thanks!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Glad it helped, good luck 😉

olamidebidmy
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

i am still very unable to install after running mine. is there any furtherance in solution. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community