cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesburg
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Security Center Knocked off my PC

Somehow Security Center was knocked off my pc, I have no idea how this is possible, I made no changes to the pc. I did not even notice it was gone, so in the interim, days likely, I acquired about 5 viruses. After I realized the Security Center was gone, I went to Comcast to re load it, getting through download to run it, only to receive an error message, that there was a problem completing the download as I may not be connected to the Internet, when I clearly was connected. I spoke to techs from Comcast and McAfee, I installed and ran Windows Security Essentials, removed 5 viruses, re booted, but STILL see the same error message when attempting to re load McAfee. Is mt IE (8) corrupt, do I still have infections?, can this be repaired? I am running Windows XP 5.1 service pack 3, 504MB ram
1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: Security Center Knocked off my PC

Hi,
please confirm the following;
Does the computer have any other antivirus softwares ?
Try running Mcpreinstall tool from the following link http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe
& try installing again

Thanks,
Dinz.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community