Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Security Center 2012 Update Query

Hi, not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

Until yesterday McAfee Security Center 2012 was running normally, but now whenever I check for updates, the "Your Software is Up to Date" message doesn't display and it appears to start downloading the current DAT instead, even though it's already been downloaded and installed.

Things appear to be functioning normally apart from that, and I recently installed the newest DAT file (7210) without any problems. Is this something to be concerned about?

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Security Center 2012 Update Query

I think you should just wait until it updates on its own.  7210 is the latest DAT for those who have the 2012 version I believe so I wouldn't worry.  Maybe the servers are offline momentarily.  (The 2013 version  and upwards no longer use DAT's & update in a different way.).

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community